Sunday, October 26, 2008

Dessert anyone?

I realize that most of my day is the meat and potatoes part of the
meal. You have to make beds and vacuum and wash dishes. The biggest
parts of the "meal" are things that you have to do, and most of the
time don't mind because most of the time the main dish isn't liver and
onions. Part of the day is the vegetables, where you do the things
that you might not like as much but do because they are good for your
character. Getting up in the middle of the night with a sick child,
or taking out the trash fall into this category. I just can't wait
for the dessert part of the day, when I get to do the things that I
love the most. Sitting down with my husband by my side, even if he
falls asleep two minutes into our movie. It's worth waiting for, just
like Mom told us.

No comments: