Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Top 5 Baby Tips

People always ask me what are the best items or tricks that I have learned from being the primary care giver (PCG) to these rambunctious twins so I thought that I would share a Top 5 that I really loved.

  1. Boppy pillows. Great for support when holding a baby, bracing when you need to cough after a c-section, they can cradle them while you hold a bottle for them when they are little and provide support for tummy time once they can stabilize their head. They also provide some support and cushion when they are learning to sit.
  2. Register at all of the baby sites that you can think of. Pampers, Luvs, Gerber, Similac, Enfamil....BEFORE the babies get here. They send coupons and booklets with milestones for the next stages.
  3. Take your wipes container and put about a 1/4 cup of water with a Tablespoon or so of baby wash in it. This cuts the alcohol and gives you a little more to work with as far as the Dirty Dookers are concerned. Ava and Jaden haven't really ever had diaper rash. If they do get a little red from friction+wet I just dissolve a handful of baking soda in the bath water and that makes it disappear by morning.
  4. I used a Pick-up, Put-Down method for sleeptime and shushed a lot. Baby Whisperer. It works!
  5. Pack a basket or bag as, "the backup bag" to keep in the car. Always have a couple of clean bottles, water, diapers, wipes, toys, pacifier, blanket, basic clothing (onesies and pants) and a granola bar for you. There are many times that I have run out of something and been saved by that bag. That granola bar has been my dinner or lunch more than once and saved a stress headache from going nuclear and becoming a migraine.
I guess that is a little snippet of what I have to say. Most of all, tell yourself that you can do it, PRAY and remember that women have been mom's since the beginning of all of us and we have all felt the same. TIRED!

1 comment:

adam said...

These tips are a good idea. You should mention though you were blessed with really cool babies.