Monday, March 3, 2008

How do you do it with TWO BABIES??

6:00 a.m. Babies wake-up deliver bottles immediately to prevent all out riot 6:10 a.m. Diaper and change sleepers if wet
6:25 a.m. Take Ava and Jaden downstairs to play while I get breakfast ready
6:35 a.m. Load dishwasher, clean highchairs, gather clothes to be washed in the first load of the day, sing songs.
7:15 a.m. Load babies in chairs and begin making breakfast while they munch on cereal. This is Ava's cue to "encourage" me to hurry by yelling and kicking her legs which incited Jaden to rock in his chair in an attempt to scoot over and steal her cheerios
7:30 a.m. Breakfast begins for babies, I attempt to make coffee to keep my sanity
7:45 a.m. I eat breakfast while cleaning fridge/sorting bottles/loading dishwasher/cleaning kitchen
8:00 a.m. Kids are finished eating and demand out of chairs. In order to remove them without staining the white carpet, I have to strip them down to diapers and wipe, wipe, wipe (I have found that keeping a small bucket is necessary with baby wash and water in it).
8:15 a.m. The babies are released to the playpen/ball pit for mayhem making while I locate clothing to replace the sleepers that have been destroyed by bananas.
8:20 a.m. The showdown over putting clean diapers and clothes begins. This is not a negotiation, it is more like a test of wills. This is also the time that we put on lotion to combat the exema so that makes them slippery and when combined with wiggly, a dangerous combination.
9:00 a.m. I return to clean the kitchen of the sticky situation that I continually find on the floor. Some where in the middle of this the babies will begin to cry and fuss for a bottle. A break is required to prepare bottles and put on Baby Einstein for the first showing of the day.
9:30 a.m. I clean the living room. The babies love to watch the vaccuum. They both jump up and down while it runs. During this time, I also pack the bag for the day and set up another bag to replenish supplies left in the car at all times.
9:40 a.m. After bottles, it's time for morning naptime.
9:45 a.m. I breathe.
10:00 a.m. This time of day is where it gets interesting. If we are running any errands, those need to be planned in detail. I also make phone calls, pay bills, e-mail, and attend to customers. I also shower and switch out the loads of laundry and fold if I have time before they wake up.
11:10 a.m. We do a diaper change, put on shoes, gather jackets/hats/blankets and insure a lovey is clean and coming along for the ride and load into the Xterra.
11:30 a.m. We leave the house and begin to try to accomplish about 10% of what is on the list.
12:30 p.m. Lunch-time...repeat scenario from breakfast but add hands in each others faces due to proximity of booster seats or inevitability of needing to utilize the H2 as the feeding aparatus. This is especially amusing when people want to stop and chat us up while I am trying to feed them. Jaden is transfixed by new faces and Ava is freaked out so one is laughing and the other screaming for me to get the person to leave. After the meal we resume the errand or playdate. There are also stops and starts due to diapering and bottles...just use your imagination
2:00 p.m. Return home and allow babies to sleep for their afternoon nap. This is when I get to eat lunch. I love being able to make a nice salad but I confess that sometimes I am so depleted that I end up eating Ramen and a chocolate bar. I also prepare the dinner if anything needs to be cooked. I have made about 80% of the baby food that they have consumed from fresh or frozen, for those of you who don't know. I suppose I am a glutton for punishment.
3:30 p.m. Play and fun with babies! This is the best part of my day. We have such a great hour or hour and a half. It's fun being silly with them for a few minutes here and there but to have a couple of hours is wonderful. This is just bliss for me.
5:00 p.m. They eat dinner and I unload the dishwasher and read to them.
5:30 p.m. Spashin' time! They love the bath so much that I sometimes think that they get messy on purpose.
6:00 p.m. Greasy Baby Time...lotion, diapers and sleepers.
6:15 p.m. Last bottle of the day and to sleep!

So that is the basic format that we have. We also manage to do a music time, reading time, dancing time and usually a walk in the stroller but I am not sure where in the day we manage to fit it. After the babies go to sleep; I clean the kitchen, fold laundry and sort so that I have their clothes to put away in front of their door in the morning, edit photos, blog, email, order items online, pack care packages, do my exercised for physical therapy, talk on the phone, make and eat dinner, study the bible or my devotional and finally sleep.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rumor has it that GOD olny gives you what you can handle. He knew you would be awesome!! Wish I could come out for a week and hang out. Would love to see those babies before the graduate. Love ~Jodi

Amber said...

Awww... I miss having babies! Oh! The moment is gone! I will just enjoy watching you having babies!! :) Love your schedule! Kudos for keeping a routine!